Birthday Shopping Spree Week: Shop Your Way Scores

My treat-yo-self birthday shopping spree adventure continues with killer deals from my much touted Shop Your Way Rewards program. I swear SYW isn't paying me for this promo, I just love it that much and really hope Sears doesn't go under; I would mourn the loss of my rewards.

Shop Your Way offered me another free trial of its free shipping program for 90 days, plus an offer to get $10 back in points on a $10 or more online purchase, excluding clearance.

So I signed up and crossed another item off my list: a comfortable top I could see myself wearing regularly.


Normally $14.99, on sale for 11.24, this navy, polka dot, tab-sleeve, henley top cost $12.14 after tax. I got $10.11 back in points for a future purchase.

A few days later, SYW sent me a birthday coupon: $10 off any Sears purchase of $25 or more.

So to Sears I went with my wishlist in mind.

After trying on arm-fulls of black pants, I settled on a pair of petite-sized Canyon River Blues jeggings, normally $40, on clearance for $16. At 5' 3", anytime I can find pants I want in the petite section, I'm a happy shortie.

In the store I did not realize the pants are quite warm, so hopefully this unseasonably warm weather will cool down so I can actually wear them this spring.


My big score came with this royal blue Convington dress, normally $29.99, on sale for $14.99.

After my $10 off and $10.21 in points, I paid $11.64 with tax for the dress and pants. 


I'm going to an outdoor wedding next month, and although I have a closet full of dresses, I really wanted something I hadn't worn before. I specifically envisioned a blue dress that could go with or without tights. I also wanted a dress that would be formal enough to coordinate with my husband's best man tux, without being too over-the-top for a backyard wedding.
 
When I first bought the dress, I was in love with it; however, it's one of those colors that really changes depending on the lighting. In the store, it presented as a much brighter blue, and in my house the color is more a more muted purplish blue. It even photographed as two different colors outside. I haven't pulled the tags off just yet. I don't dig the purple.



In total, my three items were just under $24 and would have totaled $84 at full price. Not too shabby.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Decorations: How to Stuff a Life-Size Michael Myers

Top 10 Tips for Packing Early for a Move

Outdoor Oasis: How to Turn a Futon into a Porch Couch