Thrifty Thursday: Sick Days

As luck would have it, I've been sick since my last blog post. My throat started hurting Thursday and when I woke up on Friday, it was obvious: I was sick.

Luckily I had recently ordered myself goodies with Christmas gift cards and my first present had just arrived. So I spent the next few days playing Kirby's Epic Yarn on Wii and doing not much else, and that includes getting dressed.

I've basically lived in pajamas the last week, so I don't have any cute, thrifty outfits to share. I've been coughing so hard I've thrown up in the disgustingly full kitchen trash, on my blankets, on my robe, and in the toilet I sure wish was cleaner.

So really, wearing anything other than pajamas has been pointless. I'm a sneezing, snot-dripping, choke-coughing, disgusting body of germs. Although, I am starting to feel better.

Still, there is that old advice that if you shower and get dressed, you'll feel better. I generally find this to be a lie, but after my shower yesterday, I did make the effort to put on "real" clothes.

It didn't make me feel any better, but it did give me at least one cozy outfit with thrifted tops to post.



Star tee: $0.99 Thrift Town

Gray fuzzy sweater w/embroided flowers: $0.99
Thrift Town

Yoga pants: Gift











Those $0.99 sales at Thrift Town are seriously some of my favorite days of the year.

I am feeling marginally better today. And I've lost weight, so yay for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Decorations: How to Stuff a Life-Size Michael Myers

Top 10 Tips for Packing Early for a Move

Outdoor Oasis: How to Turn a Futon into a Porch Couch