Fairy Tale Wedding Ideas: 5 Tips to Inspire Your Special Day


When my husband proposed, I instantly knew my wedding theme: fairy tale. When I went to execute that theme, I found a lot of ideas for Disney-themed weddings, but fewer ideas for fairy tale weddings without Mickie, Minnie or Cinderella stamped on the decorations. For my theme, I incorporated bits from Disney, but nothing was officially Disney, which kept the costs down and – in my mind, at least – kept the day a bit more classy and less cheesy.

5 Fairy Tale Theme Wedding Tips

Set the Fairy Tale Theme and the Formality of the Occasion with Invitations.



We kept the theme going with our reception cards, which began "Be our guest. Join us for dinner and dancing ..."

Make a Statement with Fairy Tale Centerpieces.



For my Beauty and the Beast enchanted rose centerpieces, we used plastic cake domes. My florist removed the bottoms and suspended each rose with fishing wire and a dollop of hot glue. After the wedding, I recouped some of the cost by reselling the domes.

Tie in the Fairy Tale Theme Throughout the Venues.



I didn't want to go overboard on the theme, but found little ways to add touches of  fairy tale decorations at the church and reception hall. A Cinderella fairy tale carriage I found on Craigslist sat in the vestibule of the church, by the programs and bubble wands. A "Be Our Guest" picture frame continued the Beauty and the Beast elements at the buffet table. DIY pop-up castles marked the table numbers. At the head table, my wedding party drank from antique-looking silver goblets – the kind fit for a feast at the castle.




Order a Fairy Tale Castle Cake.



My cake was a disaster. It arrived late, fell apart and looked nothing like the sketch. (We got a full refund and later the company went out of business. ahem.) It was supposed to be a castle atop a winding road with a carriage at the bottom, similar to the cake pictured.





Send Guests Home with a Fairy Tale Favor. 



We did a charity donation and printed our own castle bookmarks.


Bonus: Bid farewell to your guests in true fairy-tale style: in a horse-drawn carriage, of course.


Comments

  1. Oh my god! This is indeed a beautiful share of extra ordinary idea and themes. My friend's engagement party at Chicago wedding venues is still a talk among all of us. Graceful location and pretty pleasing ambience with yellow lights was liked by all. Also the dinner was served in buffet manner. Cup cake and drink stations were arranged very well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Decorations: How to Stuff a Life-Size Michael Myers

Top 10 Tips for Packing Early for a Move

Outdoor Oasis: How to Turn a Futon into a Porch Couch