My Love Affair With Shop Your Way Rewards

Shop Your Way Rewards from Sears and its affiliated stores is my new favorite thing. I briefly mentioned it in this post, but I had only just begun to get into its awesomeness.

I am not a paid spokesperson, although I kind of feel like it with the regular freebies they offer week after week.

Now, to some people, receiving $4 (4,000 points) to spend almost weekly (in store or online) may not seem like that big of a deal. But I put that $4 to good use.

Recently, I needed to buy a baby girl shower present. After looking at the registry to see the kinds of things the parents needed, I went to work browsing Sears and Kmart.

With my first $4, I bought this Carter's kitty-face hooded towel in pink. Normally $20, on clearance for $10. With my points, I paid $6.43 after tax.

Then another 4,000 points arrived. So I got a six-pack of cute Gerber washcloths. Normally $5.49, on sale for $4.39. I used $4.10 of SYW rewards. They shipped free to my house for a grand total of $0.31!


Finally, I needed to buy a book to sign to start off baby's library. Back to Sears for "Oh Baby, The Places You'll Go." Listed at $6.99, on sale for $4.27. I used $4 in points. With tax, it was a whopping $0.29.


Regular retail total: 34.92.
Sale total: 20.06.
My price: 7.03.
Total savings: $27.89.

That total is not including what I saved on gas and shipping by ordering from my computer and having it shipped free to my home, as I currently have three months of free shipping.

I love shopping online because I'm a comparison shopper. The reviews for the washcloths on the baby registry were quite bad. The reviews of the Gerber washcloths I purchased instead were much better. 

Now, if you're like I was, and think, "But I don't shop at Sears or Kmart," you're going to start with SYW. The selection is huge, and the deals are great.

I use my points for all kinds of things. Needed a moisturizing red lipstick or colored lip balm. Got it! Absolutely love my Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Candy Apple Red. Paid $1.18 and didn't even have to leave my computer.

Sandals, nice blouse, 2-pack of shiny skinny belts in red and black, over-the-cabinet-door kitchen towel rack ... and I'm still barely paying over my free points each time. (The sandals were actually totally free.)

Sign up today.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Decorations: How to Stuff a Life-Size Michael Myers

Top 10 Tips for Packing Early for a Move

Outdoor Oasis: How to Turn a Futon into a Porch Couch