Looking to impress your Easter guests? Add some whimsy to your Easter dinner table place settings with these cute and edible birds nests.
This idea comes from the creative brain of my mother, who made these birds nests last Easter. She said they are simple but a bit messy to make, so wear gloves to protect your manicure.
First, create your butterscotch-noodle nests.
- Empty 1 bag of butterscotch chips into a saucepan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of shortening.
- Stir the chips and butter together over low heat.
- Pour 1 bag of chow mein noodles into the saucepan.
- Stir the noodles until they are coated with the butterscotch.
- Scoop out the noodles onto wax paper and shape your nests.
Then, hatch your bird family.
Fill the nest with gummy worms, chocolate birds, Peeps, and egg-shaped candies, including nuts, jelly beans and chocolates.