Free Visit to the California Automobile Museum

"Free" just makes everything more enticing, doesn't it? As part of its Audience Appreciation Month, The Sacramento Bee hosted a free event at the California Automobile Museum on Thursday night.

I predicted the event would be primarily attended by an older crowd, and I was not wrong. I don't know why more "young people" don't attend these things, but I don't mind trailing behind a group of white hairs. By comparison, I must have looked positively youthful. I found out about the event on the BeeBuzzPoints website, which is a great resource for local events and contests.

The Bee's business writer and car expert, Mark Glover, gave a short talk about his background, which coincidentally, I related to. Glover said he's originally from Dayton, Ohio, and when he meets people from Dayton living in Sacramento, they often came here via transfer to McClellan Air Force Base. Both my grandfathers worked at McClellan, and my dad's family is from Dayton. I grew up visiting McClellan regularly as Grampa (Dad's dad) was the head referee in charge of the games at the base. Small world.

The event also included a raffle, small ice creams from Vic's and a guided tour. While I tried not to drool over the cars, I snapped some photos along the way.

You can visit the California Auto Museum for free on Museum Day, but I can tell you from experience that it can be an extremely crowded visit.

With my love, the 1965 Mustang.  P.S. How cute is my sweater? I got it at Thrift Town's 99 Cent Sale.






























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Decorations: How to Stuff a Life-Size Michael Myers

Top 10 Tips for Packing Early for a Move

Outdoor Oasis: How to Turn a Futon into a Porch Couch