Screw Football, Give Me the Arts!

I know today was a big day for football fans, especially all the local 49ers' fans. When I was very young, I remember rooting for the Niners, although I never actually cared to watch the game. I had a little pink cheerleading outfit and everything. It was always more about the clothes for me.

This is not to say I'm one of those anti-sports punk rockers. I have loved the Sacramento Kings through good seasons and all those really terrible seasons. I enthusiastically watch the Olympics. I write fitness articles for a living and have authored around a hundred on my area of expertise, gymnastics.

I just don't get football. I've always got the arts. So when my friend Tracy mentioned she had comp tickets for a show at the B Street Theatre, where she is the stage manager, I was game. Since it was the family play Anastasia Krupnik, based on the children's book by Lois Lowry (author of The Giver), I figured my mom might enjoy it, knowing my husband would not.

My mom did indeed enjoy it and even said it gave her a new perspective on the often challenging job of caring for her 94-year-old mother-in-law with dementia who lives in her home. 

I always enjoy seeing local theater, and the play gave me a chance to wear one of my new-to-me 99cent Thrift Town sweaters from Friday's sale.


I paired the sweater with this $20 blue animal print dress I bought for my last birthday on clearance at Delia's and some nice warm $5 leggings from Walgreens. The ballet flats were $11 from Payless. The handbag was priced at $3 or so from Thrift Town, but I purchased it with other items using a $10 off $20 purchase from my frequent-buyer card, so it was basically free. 

I love this sweater because it's perfect for summery dresses, of which I have many. I was specifically shopping for a sweater to go with a spaghetti strap dress I'm considering wearing to a late April outdoor wedding. Mission accomplished!


I scored a couple other good finds at the 99cent Sale, which I will share in a future post.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Decorations: How to Stuff a Life-Size Michael Myers

Top 10 Tips for Packing Early for a Move

Outdoor Oasis: How to Turn a Futon into a Porch Couch