Thrifty Thursday: Wedding Anniversary Celebration at Thrift Town and Hagen's Orange Freeze in Carmichael

Some people go out to dinner or to the movies for their anniversary, Aaron and I go thrifting. To celebrate 8 years of marriage, Aaron and I had some thrifting fun at Thrift Town in Carmichael.

For our thrifting date, I wore my new black pencil skirt from Sears so I could try and find another shirt or two to go with it. Plus, when I'm trying on clothes, I like wearing something I can pull off and on easily. Those cramped dressing rooms get hot.

For a new skirt, this was a steal. Shop Your Way Rewards sent me some surprise point money and also extended my membership in its free shipping program. I didn't have time to go to the store and letting free money go to waste is an assault on my thrifty lifestyle. So I did what I often do. I sat at my computer and searched until I found the item at the best price that had the best chance of actually fitting properly. I picked this pencil skirt because it's stretchy with an elastic waistband, has subtle polka dots on it, and with the sale and my points combined, the $30 skirt only cost me $5.80 with tax.



So after making Aaron stand in the hot sun to take these anniversary pictures of me, to Thrift Town we went, armed with a $10 off a $20 purchase VIP coupon.



Aaron bought an exercise weight vest for $12.

I got:

A pair of Old Navy jeans to turn into shorts for $1.99. I rarely find shorts I like in my fit and price range, so I'm all about the cut-offs.



A pair of $2.99 Elle stretchy skinny jeans I initially tried on as possible cut offs. But when I saw how perfectly the jeans fit -- no extra length and the waist hit at just the right spot -- I had to buy them and keep them as is. At 5'3", I had never before found a pair of skinny jeans I didn't have to cuff.


Green, fitted ruche top for $3.99.


I also picked out two belts to wears with dresses, one in red and one in silver for $2.99 and $1.99, respectively.

With our coupon, we walked away with 2 pairs of jeans, 1 blouse, 2 belts and 1 weighted workout vest for $17.

We were hot and thirsty after shopping, so we stopped by a favorite haunt, Hagen's Orange Freeze, to split a strawberry-watermelon squeeze. So yum!


Happy anniversary to us! We have one more, bucket list celebration planned today: Seeing the Beach Boys in concert! We're off to the Sonoma-Marin Fair where the concert and all rides are included in the price of admission!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Snow White Family Costume

Restoring Vintage Blow Molds for the Holidays

Halloween Decorations: How to Stuff a Life-Size Michael Myers